Top 5 Organic Baby Brands for Your Little One
Sometimes organic baby products can be a useful tool in protecting your little one from harm. For a baby, interacting with his surroundings often includes exploratory behavior such as putting toys and other found objects in his mouth. You can supervise your little explorer to help keep him safe. We also recommend making a safe play area for him by covering outlets, gating stairways, eliminating access to cords and unsafe objects, and removing furniture and lamps that can be tipped over or broken. Organic baby toys and other natural baby products can make your play area even safer, because your little one won’t be playing with or teething on hard plastic toys that contain BPA or plush toys created with cotton that has been grown with pesticides. Although toy companies have to abide by certain regulations when creating children’s products, these regulations do not encompass all the potentially harmful chemicals that may be present in a toy. Purchasing organic baby toys, made with wood, natural dyes and organic cotton will help ensure your baby has the safest playtime experiences.
Here is a list of our favorite organic baby brands to help you find the right toys for your little explorer:
- Sprout San Francisco – Sprout San Francisco creates safe and organic toys for a variety of ages. They offer an array of plush toys and blankies made with organic cotton and natural dyes. In addition, Sprout’s natural wooden toys are sold either unfinished or finished with natural finishes, such as linseed oil or buffed beeswax.
- Giggle – Giggle manufactures toys using a naturally safe method. With wooden toys created free from lead and plastic, and finished with a water-based lacquer finish, your baby can race cars and planes safely. Offering rattles and stuffed animals made with organic cotton and natural dyes, Giggle provides a variety of organic alternatives to popular toys.
- Hazelnut Kids – Hazelnut Kids makes their plush toys with some of the safest materials for your baby. This company offers a variety of plush toys made with reclaimed wool, certified organic cotton fabric or naturally-colored cotton. With wooden toys that come unfinished or painted with certified, non-toxic water-based colors, Hazelnut Kids creates organic products that allow for a safer playtime for your baby.
- Oompa – Oompa toys offers a variety of organic and natural toys, including clutching and teething toys, dolls, pacifier chains and much more for your newborn. Oompa’s clutching and teething toys and pacifier chains are manufactured with natural beech woods and coated with water-based natural lacquers. Created with certified organic cotton and pure lamb’s wool or reclaimed wool, their plush toys and puppets are safe and unique additions to your baby’s toy box.
- Under the Nile – Under the Nile creates their plush toys with 100% certified Egyptian organic cotton. This organic cotton is not only used on the outside of each toy, but is used to create the filling, rather than the toxic polyester filling that some toy companies use. Each handmade toy created by Under the Nile promotes your baby’s development by encouraging healthy eating habits through their vegetable shaped toys, or teaching coordination through tool box toys.
We at Baby Begin want to see every baby grow up healthy and strong. That’s why we offer advice and tips for parents on common concerns such as finding organic baby products, as well as bigger issues such as flat head syndrome. Because Baby Begin wants to be a resource you can trust, we offer not only these informative articles, but also therapy and education for babies and their families to help them overcome obstacles such as plagiocephaly and torticollis. For information about Baby Begin, please visit our website or any of our social pages, including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.