5 Baby Sleeping Aids & Why We Love Them
How well is your baby sleeping? Having a newborn usually means getting much less sleep than you did prior to pregnancy. This can negatively affect your health and well-being, sometimes contributing to postpartum depression, family stress and nursing issues. For some families, it makes sense to contact an expert, who can help you find a night nurse or provide you with a program to establish healthy baby sleep patterns through personalized consulting. Establishing healthy sleep habits is a process that requires a predictable routine and an environment favorable for sleep, but if you follow some expert advice, the result can be you and your baby sleeping through the night within three months of your baby’s due date. We asked our baby sleep consultant Cortney Gibson to help us compile a list of the ‘must haves’ for creating the perfect sleep environment.
- ‘LectroFan– The ‘LectroFan, equipped with 10 fan sounds and 10 white noise sounds, helps your baby drift off without the disturbances of outside noise. With adjustable volume and powered through a USB connection, you can block out noise whenever naptime calls.
- VuSee Universal Baby Monitor Shelf – VuSee’s universal baby monitor shelf attaches to the location of your choice with 3M Command Strips, allowing you to see every angle of your baby’s crib. This easy-to-use, angled shelf is compatible with any video baby monitor, which makes keeping your baby safe a little easier.
- Redi Shade – Trying to fall asleep in a room lit up by the sun or ambient light is not an easy task for your baby. The Redi Shade offers a simple solution for darkening your baby’s nursery, blocking up to 99% of sunlight. These shades come cord free and require no tools for installation.
- Vornado Compact Circulator – Your baby’s nursery won’t be stuffy with the Vornado Compact Circulator. This fan provides circulation to the whole room and is capable of moving air up to 65 feet away. With multi-directional airflow, the fan saves energy while keeping your baby’s temperature regulated. This whisper quiet fan will keep your baby sleeping comfortably through the night.
- Fulcrum Stick on Light – The Fulcrum Stick on Light comes in a set of three, perfect for just the right amount of light in your baby’s nursery. These LED lights operate for up to 100 hours with three AAA batteries and adhere to surfaces easily with the included adhesive tape. With a simple tap, these lights illuminate, making them extremely easy to use.
At Baby Begin, we’d like to see every baby sleeping well and growing up healthy and strong, free from issues such as flat head syndrome. Baby Begin wants to be a resource you can trust, so we offer not only these informative articles, but also therapy and education for babies and their families to help them overcome obstacles such as plagiocephaly, torticollis and sleep issues. For information about Baby Begin, please visit our website or any of our social pages, including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.